Sunday, October 14, 2012

Love,Peace & Happiness - A Book Review

I was pleasantly surprised when the author Rituraj Verma contacted me by commenting on my book review of The Immortals of Meluha . His book 'Love,Peace & Happiness' very soon reached me for a review. I loved the cover design of the book. Appealing ain't it ? The tagline of the book 'What more can you want' signifies the 3 things we constantly strive for !


There are books that I finish in one sitting or at the most finish in 1-2 days and there are books that like take an eternity to finish. There is nothing wrong about taking time to read the book if that means contemplating over the characters and delving deeper in to the rationale behind a particular character's personality. Love, Peace & Happiness took me more time than usual to finish. 

This book is a compilation of 9 short stories by Rituraj Verma and is high on myriad emotions of people all around us and promises of situations that may or may not be in their control.  The author has penned  these stories based on what could happen in day-to-day life and the confict of the mind in some of these characters is well etched. None of the stories were gripping enougth to stay in the mind and force an instant recall! Further, he has tried to bring in a sexual appeal in most of the stories which appear very forced and artificial.

However, a very novel thing I found about the book was the URL's at the end of every story with an alternate ending, posted in the author's website.The author also invites any other end that the reader can think of and I found this concept to be interesting.

The stories and the end to every plot is different  and at times edgy. The language is simple in general though the situations in some of the stories seemed contrived. Some of the characters make an appearance in a few stories and blend seamlessly to the thick of things. The foreword by his wife sets the tone of the book and I especially liked 2 stories. - The practioner of austerity and The victim of many loves.

Having put in my 2 cents of the way I perceived this book my husband also an avid reader finds the book more interesting as he is able to relate to the stories and finds them more down to earth and something that could happen to you & me !

FINAL WORD :-


All in all a nice effort by the author !



Author    :  Rituraj Verma
ISBN      :  978-93-81836-34-7
Price       :  INR 145/-
Publisher :  Leadstart Corp
Category  :  Fiction
Recommendation : Read to while away a bored afternoon !

1 comment:

  1. Love to read stories that we can relate to. And the alternate endings is a novel concept. Will definitely check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete