Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My Cup of Firsts filleth over !

Life is a bouquet of many a firsts ; the first love and the first job, the first kiss or the first fall. All of these firsts have a lot of treasured memories. It does not matter whether they are bitter or sweet but it does stay etched in the heart like the rain drops that gets soaked in to the parched field.

My firsts is a mixed bag of all myriad human emotions ----
  • The first and truly the most wonderful blessing in the form of lovely parents.
  • The first ever friend and a partner in crime many times over- my sweet lil sister.
  • The first time I stepped in to school and howled my heart out.
  • The first pangs of jealousy I experienced when a friend was selected over me for participation in Annual Day celebrations .
  • The first time I learnt to ride a bicycle and experienced exhilaration.
  • The first time I was part of a small all girl gang and the unabashed fun we used to have.
  • The first time I made friends for life in college.
  • The first time I met a man who would become my soul mate.
  • The first time I was wooed & serenaded by him.
  • The first major tiff I had with my hubby
  • The first time I rode a scooty and crashed it through the wall.
  • The first time I met with a major accident.
  • The first time I became a mother and felt unconditional love.
  • The first time I wished the world never woke up
  • The first time I felt at peace with myself
Ohhhhh , I can go on & on but I conclude with a quote by James A.Baldwin---

"No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time"

It is off to Aparna's The Fifty-Two Weeks of 2013

1 comment: