Sunday, August 15, 2010

kolams-----




It's one of the most amazing sights in South India. The mornings are abuzz with women folk out on the streets decorating the entrance to their homes or their courtyards with kolams or rangoli. They draw this kolam  with a white powder called as kola podi. Not only are these kolams artistic and a delight to the eyes they are also considered as an auspicious beginning for a new day.Such is the importance of these kolams that any house not having a kolam is usually either vacant or in mourning. People here widely believe that kolam bestows prosperity on the homes and it becomes a daily ritual.















These creations are in various forms---- free running of lines, with dots and an array of mind boggling geometrical shapes. From simple and small figures to very big and interesting designs, these kolams also act as an ice breaker and bring people closer



And to be born in to auch rich culture and not creating these wonders is blasphemous!!!!! I promise myself that before i leave trichy, i will learn to draw atleast one or two of the complex wonders.!!!





3 comments:

  1. Very interesting! Beautiful too!
    I'm a new follower from Macro Friday!

    Amy's Life @
    www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Priya, this is really beautiful blog- love all ur posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete